Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Trip to the Supermarket

Today we had class with Mickey this morning and we were supposed to have our written final today but she pushed it to next week so we wouldn't be rushed. It was a pretty interesting class because she uses a lot of real examples from her life to explain things. She is kid of a badass apparently. She always talks about how Holland is a very direct country and likes to get straight to the point and Paris is not like that so she has had a lot of issues with bosses and the Negocia. I like her a lot though. We have to do a presentation in her class about a region of countries and how their business practices compare to the U.S. I need to get working on that, but I'm not too worried.

Then we had lunch and it was pretty delish. I got this chicken thing stuffed with like asparagus or something green and it was very good. I also had these little potatoes that had some seasoning on them and they were also good and I got a salad with greens, diced up ham, some sliced cheese, olives, eggs, carrots and other stuff. It was pretty good. It was one of the best lunches that I've had so far. I just don't know how my money goes so quickly on my lunch card; I feel like I'm always reloading it.

Then we had class with Henri and he took us to this supermarket that's in a mall. He is by far everyone's favorite teacher. He is adorable and so nice. We took the bus and then got on the metro and went to the store to look at branding. It is in a really neat area; very industrial and business like. You can see the Arch de Triumph down the way from it. The stop was La Defense- Grand Arch so the building is also a giant arch that you can go up but we didn't have time to. We had to pick a product and my group did cereal and look at how the brands are positioned on the shelf, how many brands there are, the colors, who are they advertising to, etc. It was an interesting exercise, especially looking at price because there is a pretty vast difference although I am pretty attuned to price differentiation thanks to shopping trips to Jewel with Dad. You have to scope it out.

They had a discount section in the store, which I'm not sure what that was all about, but everything was pretty cheep. They had these beers in big bottles that were like 90 cents and this guy put about 20 in his basket. Stockin up. I got two pasta things and a bag of Lays potato chips that are grilled chicken and thyme flavor. They are so good! I haven't stopped eating them since I got home. They have a lot of crazy flavors here like blue cheese, quesadilla, ham, bologna and other wacky stuff. It was a huge store so after a while we headed to the bottom floor that was all alcohol and Henri gave us a mini lecture about different wines. We looked at some red wines, which I'm not a huge fan of, and then sweet white wines, and champagnes. He made a few recommendations and surprisingly the prices weren't that bad. Like 7 euro for a nice bottle of French wine. I may go back and get a bottle of Champagne for Emma as a wedding gift. And maybe get one for myself haha. They had a really great selection though and Henri mentioned that it would be the best place to get a bottle because the smaller shops will be more expensive.

We made our purchases and headed home. It was a solid hour train ride and I was so tired and my feet were hurting so it was a struggle to stay awake. I came home and took a nap and then ate some sad pasta that I bought. A few people are going to the Moulin Rouge tonight, but I wasn't feeling it. I want to relax and chill out so I can spend money this weekend. We are going to Giverny on Friday so I'm really excited. We also want to check out Champs-Elysee and Arch de Triumph and a few other places too. We may go to this club called Le Duplex on the Champs-Elysee that is pretty classy so I'm excited for that. I can't believe it is the last weekend! I'm glad I get to stay a few extra days and see some more things with dad and Loretta. It will be nice to stay in a hotel and have my own spaaacee. I hope it gets really hot because my jeans are sick and I don't want to wear them anymore. I'm too cheap to do laundry. I need to work on some projects tonight and catch up on reality tv hollaa

No comments:

Post a Comment